Audit for fiscal year 2017 complete
Winkel, Parker & Foster, CPA PC today released an audit report on the City of North Liberty, Iowa, for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2017.
The city’s receipts totaled $29,980,354, an 11.8 percent increase from 2016. The receipts included:
- $8,986,095 in property tax and commercial/industrial tax replacement
- $4,389,642 in tax increment financing revenues
- $11,123,529 from charges for service
- $2,305,609 from operating grants, contributions and restricted interest
- $2,722,326 from capital grants, contributions and restricted interest
- $33,622 from unrestricted interest on cash investments
- $419,531 from other receipts.
The City received $21,452,521 from bond and loan proceeds during the year.
Disbursements for the year totaled $44,655,706, a 2.2 percent increase from 2016. The disbursements for governmental-type activities included:
- $8,882,559 for capital projects
- $5,309,615 for debt service
- $3,792,817 for culture and recreation.
Also, disbursements for business-type activities totaled $18,413,697.
A copy of the audit report is available for review online, in the office of the Auditor of State and the City Clerk’s office.