Hometown Rewards Program
The City of North Liberty has been selected as the first community in Iowa to participate in Alliant Energy’s new Hometown Rewards program. The goal of the two-year program is to reduce energy usage and improving the environment on a community-wide basis by identifying today’s baseline, setting goals for improvement, developing a strategic plan, implementing strategies and measuring results.
North Liberty is looking for energetic community members to play an integral role in our Climate Action Committee. Committee members will have an opportunity to shape North Liberty’s direction around energy efficiency and sustainability. We would like a diverse committee representing interests and expertise from education to finance, from development to community outreach, and from the public and private sectors.
Committee member responsibilities include:
– Work with others to collect and review data and select and set community goals
– Establish an action plan to accomplish goals
– Create and implement marketing initiatives to increase awareness and achieve goals
– Recruit and coordinate volunteers and/or service providers to execute program initiatives
– Coordinate communication and participation with community members, businesses, local governments and influential organizations in the community
– Prepare and submit reports and information regarding accomplishments and spending
– Identify a community wide project that will be implemented at the end of the program
– Meet one time per month over the course of two years
Are you interested in being a part of planning for a sustainable North Liberty? Please contact Tracey Mulcahey by December 15, 2010 at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 319.626.5700 for more information.